Thursday 29 November 2012

TITANS!

Sit down Kids, I have some bad news.
So, you recall my last post? The one bearing exciting news the likes of which made me a very happy man for a very happy... couple of days?
So yeah, that may have crapped out... I have no idea what happened but since Thursday last week I've done no work for the project because my employer hasn't got back to me... I designed one of his 8 characters in his 2 costumes, College clothing and Superhero clothing and did a rough sketch of another... As he asked, but it has now been over a week (for some reason, the email app on my phone is calling it 2 weeks, just to make it sting more, I guess) and I have not heard from the gentleman. Now, this leaves me in a rather terrifying situation, One moment, I couldn't be happier, I had my dream job and was about to end up getting paid for something I do as a hobby, something I do in my spare time because it makes me happy... 
Rather than getting paid to stand around faking a smile and giving myself back ache trying to file away millions of little DVDs alphabetically in their little plastic wallets. 
Now, I can't say for certain that I definitely don't have this job, who knows, his internet may be down, he could have gone to visit family for thanksgiving... For a week... 
Whatever the case, I have no idea what's going on, and now, a week later, I've moved the project's folder to a more organised area in my past designs folder... Symbolizing it's frozen status... Where it may possibly stay. Unless some contact is made.
Aside from all this, I've also been driven crazy, sat by my phone and computer all day constantly checking my freelance account for messages and leaping up to check my email every time my phone makes it's little bicycle chime noise... 
So, to occupy myself and keep myself from wallowing all day I've devised a nice little project for myself... Something I was hoping to take somewhere when I had the experience from working with the gentleman who chose me as his illustrator... 
Anywho, the project, for now, is called 'DblTaps Titans' and consists of 12 titans of 12 elements. It is a well-thought out, and if I may say so myself, brilliant project with an excellent storyline. 
I won't be telling you this story just yet, not until all 12 are complete. I have completed the designs for 6 of them and am extremely excited to show you them... Alas, my organised and methodical mind finds it impractical to show you 6 when another 6 shall remain, so for that reason I'm going to save them for later... However, I will give you some information on the 12 Titans....

Titan 1:
Name: Aethralis
Element: Air
Gender: Female

Titan 2: 
Name: Aguera
Element: Water
Gender: Female

Titan 3: 
Name: Anovita
Element: Life
Gender: Female

Titan 4: 
Name: Concedere
Element: Death
Gender: Male

Titan 5:
Name: Cotysterio
Element: Stone
Gender: Male

Titan 6:
Name: Gletscher
Element: Ice
Gender: Male

Titan 7:
Name: STBN(Still To Be Named)
Element: Storm
Gender: Male

Titan 8:
Name: STBN
Element: Fire
Gender: Female

Titan 9:
Name: STBN
Element: Earth
Gender: Male

Titan 10: 
Name: STBN
Element: Time (subject to change)
Gender: Female

Titan 11: 
Name: STBN
Element: Metal
Gender: Male

Titan 12:
Name: STBN
Element: Plant
Gender: Female

And that concludes that. I imagine it will yet be a while until you hear from me, unless of course I hear from the elusive gentleman about my dream job. In which case, internet, you will probably be the first to hear... Well, probably not... I'll most likely tell my girlfriend first... Then my best friend... And maybe my dad... But you'll come somewhere before my mum and after my best friend so... Look forward to that.
So unless it's about that comic, expect news of my Titans... And another essay-like post about them...
Well, if you made it this far, first of all, congratulations, and secondly, thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment